Elizabeth Etienne Photography currently has one opening for an INTERMEDIATE – ADVANCED LEVEL PHOTOGRAPHER in her internship program. The requirements for this program are very strict so please review the guidelines below carefully before applying. THIS IS NOT AN INTERNSHIP FOR BEGINNERS OR “PHOTO ENTHUSIASTS.” This is an accelerated learning program that is designed to get you out shooting and earning money on your own as soon as possible. It is designed for those who do not have the time or money to take a workshop or private consulting session. This is an EQUAL TRADE EXCHANGE PROGRAM. Elizabeth’s time for your time. In exchange for your time, interns are given scholarships for weekend workshops and weekly portfolio consultations, business coaching or tech shoot tips. Interns are not PA’s and are NOT asked to dump the trash or get coffee or provide free slave labor. When an intern meets the level of one of the paid assistants and no longer requires Elizabeth’s time to explain or train they will be offered a PAID freelance positions as a photo assistant, digital retoucher, album book designers or production manager when these positions become available. This is a rare opportunity for the right individual.
Elizabeth Etienne is an award winning, published, elite 20 year veteran pro photographer who is sponsored by Kodak, Nikon. Her work has appeared in numerous magazines, galleries, stock agencies and ad campaigns around the world. She is a portrait photographer who also shoots high end weddings and engagement sessions, fine art, travel and interiors. She is the author of 3 forthcoming books to be released this summer. When she isn’t shooting or writing she teaches photography workshops, offers private consulting, and guest speaks at numerous photography conventions. She has had the internship-exchange program for over 10 years and has dozens of student testimonials. She is proud to boast that many of her interns have gone on to become very successful photographers thanks to her guidance. A 23-year veteran pro photographer, she enjoys teaching what she knows – especially the business aspects of running a photography business.
1. Sufficient experience with Photoshop, Lightroom, Bridge
2. Sufficient experience with the latest digital equipment (a plus if you are a Nikon user and know the SB900 flash systems and Nikon D700, D3 series cameras. You will be working side by side paid first and second assistants in a sometimes fast paced environment).
3. Sufficient experience with facebook and twitter
4. Insured vehicle and valid drivers license and passport (some shoots or workshops may involve travel).
5. Reside within 35 min drive of Marina del Rey
6. Be prepared to commit to 2 days per week for 3-6 months and have NO FINANCIAL CONFLICTS. The internship cannot in any way interfere with your abilities to support yourself. You must have an alternate means of income.
7. Be prepared to sign a commitment contract and Non-Disclosure Agreement.
8. Read, write and speak English fluently (a plus if you can speak another language such as Spanish, french or Italian or french).
*** A Plus if you know how to update a wordpress blog, slave numerous flashes together at once. Please familiarize yourself with Elizabeth’s work by going to the website:
If you feel you meet the above requirements please send an email that details your skill level and a link to your website. Due to the fact that we sometimes receive hundreds of applicants when an internship opening becomes available, we ask that you please be patient while Elizabeth carefully reviews each application. You will be contacted for an interview if you are a candidate for the internship. After the interview if Elizabeth feels you do not yet qualify you may reapply again at a later date when you feel you have advanced your skills.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!